microtuf® MODEL FS42CS
Basic Mass Flow Switch
- Thermal Differential Mass Flow Switch for the detection of the mass flow rate of liquids and gases.
- Wide operating temperature range -100°F to +850°F (-70°C to +458°C).
- Wide flow range of .01 to 5 feet per second (fps) in oil, 2.5 fps in water and .1 to 500 fps in gases.
- Two year workmanship warranty.
- Removable Plug-in electronics.
- Free of all moving parts that can stick, coat or fail.
- Fast response time of .5 to 10 seconds depending on the media.
- Self heating sensor design improves repeatability. No separate heater to fail or slow response time.
- Optional Glass window (XW)
Thermal Differential, Dual RTD Sensors
Standard 0.75 inch MNPT
Optionally 0.5 inch and larger MNPT and various other process connections such as sanitary and flanges
Standard 2.0 inch
Optionally 0.5 inch or greater
Operating Temperature Range:
Standard -100°F to 390°F (-70°C to +200°C)
Medium Temperature to +572°F (+300°C)
High Temperature to +850°F (+458°C)
Materials of Construction:
Standard 316L Series Stainless Steel
Optionally Hastelloy, Monel, Inconel and other exotic
Operating Pressure Range:
Standard to 3000 psia (207 bar)
Standard 110VAC Optionally 220VAC, or 24VDC at 3 watts (No heater power required)
Operating Temperature Range:
Standard -40°F to +140°F (-40°C to +60°C)
Optionally remote electronics for use in medium and high temperature environments
DPDT Relay contacts rated at 5 amp, 250 VAC with fail safe capability
Integral and Automatic during power up.
Explosion proof; NEMA 3, 4X, 7, and 9; CSA, FM, and UL, approved
Adjustable Flow Rate (feet per second – fps), typical: 0.01 to 5.0 fps oil, 2.5 fps water and 0.1 to 500 fps gases.
Sensor response time 0.5 to 10 seconds media dependent
Drift < .5% from calibrated setpoint over a range of ±50°F. Temperature compensated throughout entire range.
±1% of setpoint
CE, CSA, Class 1 Div. 1 Groups B, C, & D
(3A1 - Model No. Code)
- Surface finish is polished to 6Ra
- Fully welded Stainless Steel construction
(S76 - Model No. Code)
- SP76 Compliant 1.5 x 1.5 inch
- Quick Disconnect Sensor Assembly
(VI - Model No. Code)
- Adjustable to your exact insertion
- Down to 1" and up to 2" over ordered length
(LT - Model No. Code)
- Install or remove from a Live Line or Tank
- Replace Sensor w/o process disruptions
(TEE - Model No. Code)
- Designs to fit many standard and custom tees
- Compression, NPT, Tri-Clamp or Flange Options
(MT - Model No. Code)
- Reach temperatures above our standard units
- Remote electronics for hotter processes
(HT - Model No. Code)
- Reach temperatures above medium temp. units
- Remote electronics for higher temp. applications
(EN - Model No. Code)
- Raise enclosure above insulation and pipe wraps
- Distant the electronics away from hot processes
(SH - Model No. Code)
- Protect and ruggedize any sensor
- Great for regularly removed or handled sensors
(LE - Model No. Code)
- Convenient electronics and sensor package
- No need for field sensor wiring or maintenance
(RE - Model No. Code)
- Relocate the electronic housing for easy viewing
- Avoid higher ambient temps & active locations
(SW - Model No. Code)
- Resist corrosive elements like salt water
- Indicators view-able through enclosure lid